Tuesday, February 9, 2010

After that, I wish T-Bay was MY home town!

So today, in my travels around the interwebz, I was sent this video by a friend. It's by Jordan Burnell of Burnz 'n' Hell, and it's all about Thunder Bay, Ontario.



What an awesome piece of music! And it's not just me who thinks so: this video is going viral. It was uploaded to YouTube less than a week ago, and it's already gotten more than 173,000 hits. Actually, it's gotten another thousand since I watched it an hour ago. Quite the social media success story!

It's also a great piece of Canadiana. Not every community is lucky enough to be put on the map by its local talent. Thunder Bay natives across the globe are beaming with pride after watching this video. And why shouldn't they? It's creative, it's catchy and it's getting lots of attention.   

Good luck with this Jordan! I hope you score a record deal if that's what you're after. And if you ever need a little PR, let me know.

1 comment:

  1. It's too bad the song was ripped from this original version by female artist Adele..

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL49yZNE4yk&feature=fvw

    ReplyDelete